We are Hiring!
McCarthy Tax Preparation is looking for a Seasonal Staff Accountant to be part of our virtual tax firm serving financial advisors and their clients across the country. We are looking for a candidate with 2-3 years experience working in tax. This position will be seasonal for tax season, beginning in January through April 15th.
About the Firm:
McCarthy Tax Preparation (also known as Advisor Facing Tax) values our clients and our employees. Our Core Values are:
- Integrity – preparing returns and providing advice in a way that maximizes the client’s tax situation but clearly stays within the boundary of the law
- Responsiveness – Doing great work for our clients and being responsive to their needs. Communication is key to our business and we succeed by providing better service to our clients
- Fun – We try not to take ourselves too serious! Our goal is to provide a flexible, challenging and growth oriented workplace for our employees while having fun doing it.
About the Job:
This is a virtual position and we make heavy use of some of the best technology in the tax field, including Zoom video meetings, Slack communication channels, client portals, workflow tracking, electronic signature and payment. While we work remotely, we also keep regular, predictable hours – you’re not expected to check in when you’re off unless previously arranged for a specific purpose.
In return, we trust that you’ll reliably be here for us when you say you will – and that means working exclusively on McCarthy Tax projects during your work hours (not on unsanctioned side projects or other work). We do understand that life happens during the day and that doctors and school officials keep schedules, too – but we expect that you’ll respect your coworkers by minimizing the impact of those and other unavoidable mid-day appointments.
McCarthy Tax is growing quickly through the strength of financial advisor referrals and we are looking for individuals that are ready to go along for the ride!
- Prepares individual returns primarily with Schedule C’s, Schedule E’s, multi-state and stock options ensuring quality and accuracy
- Prepares partnership and S-corp returns
- Clearly communicates (virtually via email, phone, or video chat) with staff on a daily basis
- An independent worker that is looking to break free of cubicles and loves to be rewarded for work done and not time spent in the office
- Ability to work between 20-50 hours during tax season on a seasonal basis (January-April 15)
- A love of technology! We are a techy tax firm!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Individual, partnership and S-corp return preparation experience
- Strong accounting software and Excel skills. (Ultratax (or equivalent) software experience is a benefit)
- Must be organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule – we ask that the majority of your work is completed during normal business hours (Monday – Friday).
- $25/hr – $35/hr depending on experience
- Tax season bonus potential
- Pull out your phone and send a video intro to john (at) johnmccarthycpa.com. Tell us a little about yourself and why you think you are perfect for the position.
- Provide your LinkedIn profile.
- For the right candidate, be prepared to take the Strengthfinder personality test and submit to a background check.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.