We are Hiring!
McCarthy Tax Preparation is looking for a Staff Tax Accountant (CPA or EA preferred) to be part of our virtual tax firm serving financial advisors and their clients across the country. We are experiencing explosive growth and are looking for a tax preparer on a part time basis (5-10 hours a week to start) and full time during tax season (Jan-April). We are committed to employee growth and this position will increase in hours and responsibility as the firm grows and as your skills grow.
About the Firm:
McCarthy Tax Preparation (also known as Advisor Facing Tax) values our clients and our employees. We show this commitment by:
- Doing great work for our clients and being responsive to their needs. Communication is key to our business and we succeed by providing better service to our clients.
- Providing a flexible, challenging and growth oriented workplace for our employees.
About the Job:
This is a virtual position and we make heavy use of some of the best technology in the tax field, including video meetings, client portals, workflow tracking, electronic signature and payment. You will have the flexibility to work when you want while keeping in mind our overall team goals and deadlines. We will have one regularly scheduled team meeting per week and regular check-ins by email, video chat, etc to answer questions and discuss tax issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through ongoing communication and exceptional service.
- Tax return preparation (1040, 1120S, 1065, 990, 1041).
- Tax planning and analysis (current year tax estimates and multiyear analysis).
- Replying to IRS and state notices.
- Reviewing work of other staff.
- An independent worker that is looking to break free of cubicles and loves to be rewarded for work done and not time spent in the office.
- A love of technology! We are a techy tax firm!
- CPA or EA (or imminently close to finishing either).
- At least one season working in a tax environment where 1040’s are prepared.
- Experience with Ultratax and BNA Income Tax Planner is a plus.
- Hourly rate $25-$40/hr depending on experience, hours will vary during the season and as the firm grows, overtime available during tax season.
- Career progression including additional client interaction and job responsibilities as the firm grows.
- CPE and training will be provided.
- Pull out your phone and send a video intro to john (at) johnmccarthycpa.com. Tell us a little about yourself and why you think you are perfect for the position.
- Provide your LinkedIn profile.
- For the right candidate, be prepared to take the Strengthfinder personality test and submit to a background check.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.