We are Hiring!
McCarthy Tax Preparation is looking for a Administrative Assistant to be part of our virtual tax firm serving financial advisors and their clients across the country. We grew from 150 clients to 500 for the 2017 tax season and are well on our way to another 200 new clients this year! We are committed to employee growth and this position will increase in responsibility as the firm grows and as your skills grow.
About the Firm:
McCarthy Tax Preparation (also known as Advisor Facing Tax) values our clients and our employees. Our Core Values are:
- Integrity – preparing returns and providing advice in a way that maximizes the client’s tax situation but clearly stays within the boundary of the law
- Responsiveness – Doing great work for our clients and being responsive to their needs. Communication is key to our business and we succeed by providing better service to our clients
- Fun – We try not to take ourselves too serious! Our goal is to provide a flexible, challenging and growth oriented workplace for our employees
About the Job:
This is a virtual position and we make heavy use of some of the best technology in the tax field, including Zoom video meetings, Slack communication channels, client portals, workflow tracking, electronic signature and payment. While we work remotely, we also keep regular, predictable hours – you’re not expected to check in when you’re off unless previously arranged for a specific purpose.
In return, we trust that you’ll reliably be here for us when you say you will – and that means working exclusively on McCarthy Tax projects during your work hours (not on unsanctioned side projects or other work). We do understand that life happens during the day and that doctors and school officials keep schedules, too – but we expect that you’ll respect your coworkers by minimizing the impact of those and other unavoidable mid-day appointments.
McCarthy Tax is growing quickly through the strength of financial advisor referrals. We are growing quickly and are looking for individuals that are ready to go along for the ride!
You will be provided with a laptop, docking station, and two monitors.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through ongoing communication and exceptional service
- Monthly bookkeeping using Quickbooks Online and Hubdoc
- Maintain office projects and workflows by keeping the staff informed of due dates and tax deadlines
- Be an the go-to expert in our client relationship manager (CRM) program, Insightly
- Document our business workflows to ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Coordinate hiring of new employees
- An independent worker that is looking to break free of cubicles and loves to be rewarded for work done and not time spent in the office
- A love of technology! We are a techy tax firm!
- Prior experience working in a CPA firm
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Quickbooks Online experience is a plus
- Experience with tax software and tax forms is a plus
- Work from home
- Summer hours (Jan 25-Tax Day 50-60hrs, Tax Day-May 15 40hrs, May 16-Aug 15 32hrs, Aug 16-Jan 24 40hrs)
- Flexible schedule – we ask is the that majority of your work is completed during normal business hours (Monday – Friday). We work with clients all over the United States and try our best to be available when we are needed (8am – 5pm in the Eastern, Central, or Pacific time zones)
- Paid holidays
- $30,000-$45,000 depending on experience
- Tax season bonus potential
- Career progression including additional client interaction and job responsibilities as the firm grows
- CPE and training will be provided
- Two weeks of paid vacation to start
- At this time no health insurance coverage or 401(k) is offered
- Pull out your phone and send a video intro to john (at) johnmccarthycpa.com. Tell us a little about yourself and why you think you are perfect for the position.
- Provide your LinkedIn profile.
- For the right candidate, be prepared to take the Strengthfinder personality test and submit to a background check.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.